$50 Rebate on the Purchase Price of a Rain Barrel
Gatineau is offering a $50 rebate on the purchase price of a rain barrel. Recovering rain water is a simple and ecological way of optimizing the use of water.
How do you take part?
- You must be a resident of Gatineau.
- You must purchase a commercial rain barrel within the year 2013. If you make your own, you have to send in a photo and the invoice for the materials you used, dated for the year 2012.
- You must submit a refund application (no more than one per property per year).
- You must submit the duly completed application form along with the original invoice by mail to the address indicated on the form.
Why recover rainwater?
- helps reduce your use of drinking water;
- is always at the right temperature for your plants; and
- reduces runoff into our municipal sewers.
Which type of barrel should you buy?
There are several models on the market. Go to a local hardware store and pick one that has a lid and a screen to filter out debris.