Last updated: February 2009
- At Ville de Gatineau, the security and integrity of our users' personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our users while providing the high level services they expect.
- Ville de Gatineau's privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Ville de Gatineau collects user information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide a positive user experience and deliver services;
- To understand user requirements;
- To manage and develop Ville de Gatineau's operations; and
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Gatineau's Web site uses "cookies" to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information and to display your personalized content on your later visits to these sites.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Ville de Gatineau sites and services that depend on cookies.
- Use of Web Beacons
Ville de Gatineau's Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons - sometimes called single-pixel gifs - that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites and allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We may include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Ville de Gatineau may also employ Web beacons from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations of our sites. We prohibit Web beacons on our sites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.
- Ville de Gatineau does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Ville de Gatineau retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Ville de Gatineau informs users of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
- Ville de Gatineau ensures that user information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. users can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
- Users that wish to obtain more information about this privacy statement, access to, or more information about, their personal information held by Ville de Gatineau or
make a privacy-related complaint; may contact Ville de Gatineau.