- Ensure that the facilities are safe at all times.
- Provide advice and consultations on the creation and development of physical fitness activities and programs for clients.
- Conduct physical fitness tests and assessments.
- Design, prepare and offer exercise programs adapted to the needs of different clients.
- Ensure the maintenance and proper use of the muscle and cardio-vascular training equipment.
- Actively supervise clients in the training area, and if necessary correct the way they perform their exercises.
- Update client files by having them fill out the PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire).
- Promote the services offered by the physical fitness centre.
- Advise clients as required on nutrition, hydration and healthy living as part of their training.
- Provide personal training to clients as required.
- Manage the schedule for use of the physical fitness centre by clients.
- Other related duties, at the supervisor's request.
- Graduation in physical or health education, or in kinesiology / physical fitness and the promotion of health / physical fitness or any other training in this field is an asset.
- A minimum of four years' experience.
- Be comfortable in an automated work environment.
- Demonstrate excellent client service skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Show sound judgement.
- Valid CPR and AED certificates are an asset.
- The ability to communicate in English is an asset.
- Successful completion of qualifying tests, if appropriate.
- A security check is mandatory.
850 boulevard de la Gappe, Gatineau sector.
The physical fitness trainer must be available at all times based on a flexible schedule, days, nights and weekends.
View job opportunities with Gatineau