If you are asked to stay put
Right in the building where you are:
- Follow the authorities' instructions.
- Shut the doors and windows.
- Watch for the news on the radio, TV or Internet. Follow the instructions you are given.
If the situation calls for it:
- Seal the doors and windows with plasticized adhesive tape or damp rags.
- Shut off all systems that are connected to outside air (air exchanger, air conditioner, heat pumps, kitchen hutches, dryers, etc.).
- Plug these systems' access to outside air with damp rags or cloth to prevent toxic gases from entering your home.
Source: En situation d'urgence, savez-vous quoi faire? brochure by Quebec's ministère de la Sécurité publique.