Work on the expansion and modernization of the Hull UPEP started in the spring of 2017.
The purpose of the work is to ensure the production and distribution of quality drinking water to more than 86,275 residents for the next 20 years (Horizon 2036). The work on the Hull water treatment plant should be completed in the summer of 2019.
This project will:
- expand and modernize the Hull UPEP;
- ensure the continued operation of the facilities;
- upgrade the filtration, decantation and pumping systems to redundancy criteria: the plant's daily filtration capacity will increase from 73,000 m3 to 113,000 m3;
- upgrade the equipment and building to current fire safety and occupational safety standards;
- introduce leading edge technologies for treating the water; and
- add a second disinfection barrier and improve the water quality.