If you are asked to evacuate
- Leave immediately.
- Follow the authorities' instructions.
- If you are asked to do so, shut off the water and power.
- Shut off the gas only if you are told to do so because only the gas company can restore it, which could take some time.
- Take your emergency kit and medication.
- Place your pets in safekeeping. Please note that they are not permitted in the municipal emergency shelters.
- Lock the doors to your home.
- Use the route indicated by the authorities.
- Inform municipal authorities of where you can be found if you are not going to a municipal emergency shelter.
- If you have no means of transportation, go to one of the meeting points identified by the authorities.
Source: En situation d'urgence, savez-vous quoi faire? brochure by Quebec's ministère de la Sécurité publique.