Family emergency plan
- At home, know how to shut off the water, gas and power.
- Identify all of the emergency exits in your home.
- Plan a route for leaving the neighbourhood.
- Identify a gathering place.
Children: day care and school
- Provide up-to-date information on two people to contact in an emergency.
Identify any special health care needs
- Inform certain individuals of any particular health concerns you may have.
- Mark down the details about your health condition.
- Ask your doctor for a two-week emergency supply of medication and medical items. In case of an emergency, the pharmacies may be closed.
- Arrange to leave your pets with family or friends, or find a hotel or motel that takes animals, or even a kennel.
- Provide water, food and toys for your pets.