Tips for pedestrians
Pedestrians, remember that:
- Respect the road signs.
- Use the sidewalk or, if there is none, walk along the edge of the road facing traffic.
- Be sure the coast is clear before crossing or walking on a road.
- Go to the closest intersection or pedestrian crossing before you cross the road.
- Make visual contact with drivers to ensure that there is no risk.
- Yield to drivers and cyclists if there is no pedestrian crossing.
- Look to the left, then to the right, and again to the left before crossing.