The Quartier-du-Musée was designated as a heritage site by Ville de Gatineau in 2018 for its historical, identity-related, architectural, artistic and landscape values. Spared by the great fire of 1900, the sector is one of the oldest built areas of île de Hull. Home to several historical figures, the Quartier also boasted institutions that played a part in Gatineau's history and that of the Outaouais.
Place Laval-Kent-Aubry, located in the Kent-Aubry-Wright heritage site, in 1991 cited by Ville de Gatineau, owes its heritage value to it history, architecture and urban character. Most of the remaining buildings in that neighbourhood were built right after the great fire of 1900. The square includes shops, fine homes, working class homes and institutions, reflecting the sector's multi-purpose nature in the early 20th century.
Village-d'Argentine, in 1991 cited by Ville de Gatineau as Hanson-Taylor-Wright, owes its heritage value to its history, architecture and landscape. The construction on the current buildings started in 1871, on the property of Township of Hull founder Philemon Wright (1760-1839). In this particular neighbourhood, mansions and working class homes stand side-by-side. Many of the latter are the matchstick houses which were widespread in Hull.
Recognized for its quality of life, Gatineau is a city of 285,000 inhabitants. It is located on the north shore of the Ottawa River, and extends east and west of the Gatineau River.