You can help make the snow clearing operations go more smoothly by:
- placing your garbage and recycling bins on your driveway, inside your property line;
- waiting until your street has been completely cleared before parking there; and
- complying with the winter parking by-law and the temporary signs. When a parking ban is in effect, do not park on the street to avoid interfering with the snow clearing operations.
When clearing snow on your property, be sure to keep it on your property, not on:
- the sidewalk so pedestrians are not prevented from using it;
- a public road so traffic can move safely;
- at or near an intersection to avoid blocking visibility;
- within 1.5 metres of a fire hydrant to ensure that it remains accessible;
- a recreational pathway so pedestrians are not prevented from using it;
- a ditch running along a public roadway to avoid impeding water runoff;
- a municipal wastewater treatment plant to ensure that it remains accessible; or
- municipal property.
Remember that you are responsible for ensuring that any snow clearing contractors you hire comply with this by-law.