Your Property Assessment
Ville de Gatineau has tabled a new property assessment roll for every property within its territory on October 20, 2017.
Applying for a review
If you wish to apply for a review, here are the steps to follow.
- Fill out the form entitled Application for review of the real estate assessment roll, which can be picked up at any municipal service centre;
- Submit your duly completed application to the Service d'évaluation, along with a certified cheque or money order for the required amount. (Cash is accepted for payments made in person). The required amounts are not refundable;
*By-law 753-2014, available through gatineau.ca
|Value Indicated on the Roll
|Less than or equal to $500,000
|Higher than $500,000 and less than or equal to $2,000,000
|Higher than $2,000,000 and less than or equal to $5,000,000
|Higher than $5,000,000
- Attach any additional explanatory documents. If you require assistance, an assessor with the Service d'évaluation will be pleased to assist you;
- Forward your application to Gatineau's Service d'évaluation before the 1st day of May following the coming into force of the assessment roll or before the 61st day following the issuance of a notice of amendment to the tax assessment roll; and
- Submit your application for review:
by mail to:
Ville de Gatineau
PO BOX 1970, STN Hull
Gatineau QC J8X 3Y9
between 8:30 a.m. and noon or 1:00 and 4:30 p.m.
144 boulevard de l'Hôpital,
- Once your application for review has been received, the municipal assessor will respond to you in writing. If you disagree with the response, you may file a request with the Section des affaires immobilières, Tribunal administratif du Québec, or with any clerk's office in the Court of Quebec within 60 days following the issuance of the written response from the assessor.
To reach the Service d'évaluation
144 boulevard de l'Hôpital, Suite 400
PO BOX 1970, STN Hull, Gatineau QC J8X 3Y9