COVID-19 - $3.1 M in assistance for small and medium-sized businesses in Gatineau
Gatineau, April 21, 2020
. – The Government of Quebec has put together an emergency assistance program for small and medium-sized businesses affected by COVID-19. Gatineau will have access to a $3,130,845 envelope under this program directly targeting Gatineau businesses. This announcement is conditional upon the Municipal Council's approval, and will have to be officially adopted at this evening's meeting.
|●||The monies under the Aide d'urgence aux petites et moyennes entreprises will be managed by ID Gatineau. This is in accordance with their mandate to guide businesses throughout Gatineau and introduce measures to support them.|
|●||The Aide d'urgence aux petites et moyennes entreprises program is designed to support businesses that are struggling due to COVID-19. |
- An initial $150 million envelope is being made available to RCMs and equivalent territories to assist businesses.
- The assistance provided can be in the form of a loan or a loan guarantee of up to $50,000.
|●||Businesses wishing to apply for financial assistance under that program are asked to fill out the prequalification form. This one is available at idgatineau.ca/coronavirus-covid-….|
|●||Businesses with questions related to this program can call 819-921-1477.|
|●||To be eligible, the business must in particular:|
- have been operating in Quebec for at least one year;
- be temporarily closed, likely to close, or showing signs that closure will be necessary;
- be maintaining, consolidating or about to restart its activities; and
- demonstrate a direct link between its financial or operational issues and the COVID-19 pandemic.
|●||As you will recall, Gatineau set up an economic development tactical intervention committee to support local businesses. |
- With the assistance of several partners, its initial aim was to meet businesses' most pressing needs.
- On April 1, that committee extended its mandate to the whole of the Outaouais. It is now coordinated by Espace de d'accélération et de croissance de l'Outaouais (Espace-O), under Cilex.
- Since being set up, the committee has developed an action plan and implemented several local economic development initiatives.
“Gatineau businesses have been hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly local businesses. This financial support will help maintain and restart our businesses after this exceptional crisis. We can all do our part by buying local. I urge residents to show their solidarity and keep encouraging their neighbourhood businesses,” indicated Gatineau Mayor Maxime Pedneaud-Jobin
“This is wonderful news! Gatineau businesses are facing major challenges during this pandemic. But still they keep finding creative alternatives to offer their services and support the community. This financial assistance will give them some relief and one more reason to pursue their mission,” stressed Commission de développement économique de Gatineau President Jean-François LeBlanc.
ID Gatineau – Coronavirus/ COVID-19 : ressources et outils pour les entreprises
Formulaire de préqualification pour les entreprises désirant faire une demande d'aide financière
COVID-19 (page Web de la Ville de Gatineau)
Secrétariat au développement économique
Gouvernement du Québec
Aide d'urgence aux petites et moyennes entreprises – COVID-19 – Gouvernement du Québec
Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
Related municipal news releases
COVID-19 - Update for Gatineau
COVID-19 - Gatineau's economic development tactical intervention committee expands its field of action
COVID-19 – Gatineau setting up an economic development tactical intervention committee